New Jersey State Requirements $550.00
Mail: PO Box 966 Wrightstown, NJ 08562 Phone: (800) 392-3927 Fax: (609) 758-1495
Copyright 2008 - The Training Center
Black Seal Low Pressure license requirements:
- 1. You must be 18 years of age
- 2. You must be working in a facility that has a boiler over 100 hp
- 3. That boiler must be a low pressure boiler. This means that if it is a steam boiler it must be under 15 pounds PSI. If it is a hot water boiler, it can not be not over 160 PSI with a water temperature no greater than 250F
- 4. You must have management endorsement on an application. We will submit the application to the State of New Jersey on your behalf. This management endorsement can be any of the following people;
- Director of Building Grounds, Supervisor of Facilities, Maintenance Supervisor, Owner, Principal, Vice Principal, Board Member, or Business Agent. It CANNOT be a custodian of any kind. If you work for a privatized company the management team of your company cannot sign the application. It must be signed by a representative of the school in which you work.
- 5. If you have out-of-state experience; we can use this experience from your state provided we have the following information. The type of the boiler, horsepower of the boiler, operating pressure, safety valve setting, safety valve capacity, type of fuel, and the length of time in which you operated on that boiler. You must also have a letter on company letterhead for the endorsement of that experience. That experience would have to be a minimum of 2 years.
Click here for High Pressure Black Seal license requirements
Click here for Blue Seal license requirements
Click here for Red Seal license requirements
Click here for Gold Seal license requirements